Donate to Riseup
- Donate by mail
- Donate by credit card
- Donate cryptocurrency
- Donate by IBAN transfer
- Give us a cut of your amazon.com orders
- Support radical alternatives!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Make cheques or money orders payable to “Riseup Networks” and send them here:
PO Box 4282
Seattle, WA 98194 USA
We also happily accept wads of crumped up currency.
NOTE: Do NOT send cheques from outside of the US! We cannot deposit them! If you are in Europe, you can either send us a bank transfer (see below), or contact us for a European mailing address.
Unfortunately, we don’t have the labor to send you a letter of thanks when we receive your donation. Please know that we are so incredibly grateful: your support is our lifeblood and makes all our hard work possible. We love you for putting your money where your values are! Exception: We are required by law to annually report the identity of any donor who gives more than $5,000 USD.
PayPal akceptuje karty kredytowe i wspiera cykliczne dotacje (dla cyklicznych dotacji, konto PayPal jest wymagane).
Bitcoin to zdecentralizowana kryptowaluta elektroniczna P2P. Bitcoin to także darmowy sposób na transfer pieniędzmi za granicę. Jeśli chciał(a)byś użyć Bitcoin, wygenerujemy dla Ciebie nowy, unikatowy adres Bitcoin. Kliknij przycisk i gotowe!
|Zgarnij adres||These are old style addresses, backward compatible with all wallets.|
|Zgarnij adres (SegWit)||These are new style Bech32 addresses, only compatible with some wallets.|
Zcash is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin, but with the added benefit of anonymity.
Monero is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin, with a focus on private and censorship-resistant transactions.
FairCoin is run by a non-profit network of radical activists, propagates the non-speculative values of the solidarity economy, and uses less electricity than other cryptocurrencies.
BCash a hard fork of Bitcoin and is sometimes called Bitcoin Cash. BCash is not Bitcoin. If you send Bitcoin to a BCash address, the money will be lost forever.
We can accept wire transfers only in Euros (EUR), no other currencies. Please send to:
Recipient Name: Riseup Networks
IBAN: DE41 4306 0967 1126 8256 06
Bank: GLS Bank
Amazon.com is one of the four feudal lords that are devouring the internet (along with Apple, Google, and Microsoft). Amazon.com abuses its monopoly power, has terrible labor practices, and is ruining Riseup’s home town of Seattle.
However, sometimes it is hard to find what you need anywhere else. If you are going to buy from amazon.com then please support Riseup when doing so. Amazon.com will give us a small percentage of your purchases, without increasing your cost. We don’t get any information about who you are, or what is purchased, we just get a percentage of its cold, heartless, blood money.
Just visit amazon.com through this link: smile.amazon.com/ch/20-4204809
Riseup works tirelessly to create grassroots technology alternatives that address the communication needs of people and organizations working for social change. When you get a service from a corporation that doesn’t charge you, chances are that the money comes from extensive surveillance. Riseup, on the other hand, relies on donations by users like you who believe in supporting democratic alternatives.
Donations to riseup.net are not tax-deductible. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation (US), you can contribute to our sister organization, Riseup Labs.
If you are a programmer, you can support Riseup by writing code.
- Individuals: We ask that individuals with email accounts or owners of lists give monthly or yearly. If you are broke, live in the global South, or live somewhere with a devalued currency, we don’t expect you to give. This means that those with money in the global North should contribute extra as an act of solidarity. If you are unsure how much to contribute, might we suggest $5-$15 a month? If you can do more, please do!
- Groups: We rely on organizations with email accounts or lists to contribute. It is especially essential for organizations with big mailing lists to contribute, as such lists are costly for us to provide. As a rough guideline, we ask that organizations annually contribute at least 1% of their annual budget—this is a $100 a year donation for an organization with an annual budget of $10,000.
If you have a big list with over a hundred subscribers or with high traffic and lots of archives, increase the suggested donation amount several fold.
Please consider donating more if you can afford it. Any money left over after we have met our basic expenses gets folded back into providing service to more users. If you are making a large donation (thank you!), then please consider sending a check or money order through the mail—online payment systems take a cut of about 3%.
All financial decisions by the Riseup Collective are made using the consensus process by collective members.
Sending directly to our US credit union often is difficult and does not work, and when it does work, we get charged a $13 fee for each transfer, so it is not economical.
First of all, if you live outside the US, please consider supporting a local tech collective in your area. If you want to send us a donation, here are a few options:
- If you have a credit card, you can use the online donation link above. You can also use paypal, if it is supported in your country.
- You can send us cash in any currency in the mail to our PO Box. People do this all the time.
- You can donate using cryptocurrency.
You have two options:
- Send cash to the address listed above.
- Or use a cryptocurrency. Monero and Zcash are anonymous. For Bitcoin, you need to do a bit of work if you want to ensure strong anonymity with Bitcoin.
Here’s how to cancel your subscription through paypal.com:
To cancel a subscription, follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Settings gear icon.
- Select Preapproved Paymets under Payment settings.
- Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
- Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.