Donate to Riseup
- Donations By Mail
- Online donations
- Wire/Bank transfers (EUR only)
- Give us a cut of your amazon.com orders
- Support radical alternatives!
- Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: It no longer possible for us to deposit checks sent from outside the US. If you would like to make a donation from outside the US, please use another method instead.
Make checks or money orders payable to “Riseup Networks” and send them here:
PO Box 4282
Seattle, WA 98194 USA
Unfortunately, we don’t have the labor to send you a letter of thanks when we receive your donation. Please know that we are so incredibly grateful: your support is our lifeblood and makes all our hard work possible. We love you for putting your money where your values are! Exception: We are required by law to annually report the identity of any donor who gives more than $5,000 USD.
|दान प्रोसेसर||आवर्ती दान?||पंजीकरण वैकल्पिक?||क्रेडिट कार्ड?||टिप्पणियाँ|
|हाँ||हाँ||नही||विकेन्द्रीकृत peer-to-peer इलेक्ट्रॉनिक क्रिप्टो-मुद्रा|
|नही||—||नही||Anonymous digital currency|
|हाँ||हाँ||हाँ||कई देशों से काम करता है।|
Bitcoin एक विकेन्द्रीकृत peer-to-peer इलेक्ट्रॉनिक क्रिप्टो-मुद्रा है। Bitcoin भी विदेशी पैसा भेजने के लिए एक तरह से मुक्त है। अगर आप riseup पैसा भेजने के लिए Bitcoin का उपयोग करना चाहते हैं, हम एक नया, अद्वितीय Bitcoin पता उत्पन्न करेंगे आपके दान हेतु। नए Bitcoin पते का उपयोग करने के लिए नीचे दिए गए बटन पर क्लिक करें।
एक समय दान
Zcash is a crypto-currency similar to Bitcoin, but with the added benefit of anonymity.
Paypal क्रेडिट कार्ड स्वीकार करता है और आवर्ती दान का समर्थन करता है (दान आवर्ती के लिए, एक Paypal खाते की आवश्यकता होती है)।
एक समय दान
We can accept wire transfers only in Euros (EUR), no other currencies. Please send to:
Recipient Name: Riseup Networks
IBAN: DE41 4306 0967 1126 8256 06
Bank: GLS Bank
Amazon.com is one of the four feudal lords that are devouring the internet (along with Apple, Google, and Microsoft). Amazon.com abuses its monopoly power, has terrible labor practices, and is ruining Riseup’s home town of Seattle.
However, sometimes it is hard to find what you need anywhere else. If you are going to buy from amazon.com then please support Riseup when doing so. Amazon.com will give us a small percentage of your purchases, without increasing your cost. We don’t get any information about who you are, or what is purchased, we just get a percentage of its cold, heartless, blood money.
Just visit amazon.com through this link: smile.amazon.com/ch/20-4204809
Riseup works tirelessly to create grassroots technology alternatives that address the communication needs of people and organizations working for social change. When you get a service from a corporation that doesn’t charge you, chances are that the money comes from extensive surveillance. Riseup, on the other hand, relies on donations by users like you who believe in supporting democratic alternatives.
Donations to riseup.net are not tax-deductible. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation (US), you can contribute to our sister organization, Riseup Labs.
If you are a programmer, you can support Riseup by writing code.
- Individuals: We ask that individuals with email accounts or owners of lists give monthly or yearly. If you are broke, live in the global South, or live somewhere with a devalued currency, we don’t expect you to give. This means that those with money in the global North should contribute extra as an act of solidarity. If you are unsure how much to contribute, might we suggest $5-$15 a month? If you can do more, please do!
- Groups: We rely on organizations with email accounts or lists to contribute. It is especially essential for organizations with big mailing lists to contribute, as such lists are costly for us to provide. As a rough guideline, we ask that organizations annually contribute at least 1% of their annual budget—this is a $100 a year donation for an organization with an annual budget of $10,000.
If you have a big list with over a hundred subscribers or with high traffic and lots of archives, increase the suggested donation amount several fold.
Please consider donating more if you can afford it. Any money left over after we have met our basic expenses gets folded back into providing service to more users. If you are making a large donation (thank you!), then please consider sending a check or money order through the mail—online payment systems take a cut of about 3%.
All financial decisions by the Riseup Collective are made using the consensus process by collective members.
We are charged a large fee for converting other currencies. Additionally, sending directly to our US credit union often is difficult and does not work, and when it does work, we get charged a $13 fee for each transfer, so it is not economical.
First of all, if you live outside the U.S., please consider supporting a local tech collective in your area. If you want to send us a donation, here are a few options:
- You can write us a check in your local currency and mail it to the address above. We can deposit foreign checks without a problem, although it may take a while to be recorded by your bank.
- If you have a credit card, you can use the online donation link above. You can also use paypal, if it is supported in your country.
- You can donate using bitcoin.
- You can send us cash in any currency in the mail to our PO Box. People do this all the time.
You have two options:
- Send cash to the address listed above.
- Or use bitcoin. You need to do a bit of work if you want to ensure strong anonymity with Bitcoin.
Here’s how to cancel your subscription through paypal.com:
To cancel a subscription, follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the History subtab.
- Choose the Subscriptions field from the Show dropdown menu.
- Check the From box and change the date back 2 years.
- Click Search.
- To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation, click Details in the Details column.
- At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription.
- On the confirmation page, click Cancel Subscription again.