Check out our list of radical server projects.
- Security Planner from Citizen Lab (Creative Commons: Attribution)
- Surveillance Self-defense from Electronic Frontier Foundation (Creative Commons: Attribution)
- Security In-a-box from Tactical Technology Collective (Creative Commons: Attribution-ShareAlike)
- Digital First Aid from Digital Defenders Partnership
- Digital security checklists for US Non-profits from Information Ecology, by Jonah Silas Sheridan, Lisa Jervis (Creative Commons: Attribute-ShareAlike)
- SAFETAG from Internews
- LevelUp from an international network of security trainers (Creative Commons)
- Security Education Companion from Electronic Frontier Foundation (Creative Commons: Attribution)
- PRISM Break list of alternative software and services.
- Secure Self Defense helps you learn how to pick tools.
- Getting started with Tails: The Amnesic Incognito Live System (EN/DE/FR/PT).
- Digital self defense guide (currently French language only, you can help translate).
- Cryptoparty Handbook.
- FOSS Manual on Basic Internet Security.
These old guides are of historical significance and may sometimes even be useful.
- Riseup Zine: Digital Security for Activists!
- security.resist.ca Helping activists stay safe in our oppressive world.
- APC Security Docs – a series of briefings on information security and online safety for civil society organizations from 2002
- Guide to Email Security Using Encryption and Digital Signatures from 2005
- Computer Security for the Average Activist A downloadable PDF.
- An introduction to activism on the internet.
- FOSS Manual on Bypassing Internet Censorship is a comprehensive 240 page guide to circumvention technologies from 2012.
- Internet censorship wiki contains lots of information on circumventing internet censorship (currently only in English).