You can control who has access to view your list’s web archives. This option is under:
Admin > Edit List Config > Archives > Web archives
The options for this setting are:
- public anyone can access the archives.
- subscribers only only list subscribers will be able to access the archives. In order to login to view the archives, they will need a list account (a login password to go with their email address).
- owners only the list owners may view the archives.
To download a zip file containing the list archives, go to:
Admin > Manage Archives
Then select the months you want to download, and hit Download Zip file.
To delete the list archives, you have two options:
- open the individual message in the archives and hit the button to delete that single email.
- follow the directions above for downloading the archives, except hit the delete button instead of the download button.
If you do not wish your list to have any archives, please contact us directly.
By default, sympa tries to make protect email addresses in the list archives so that they cannot be recognized by email harvesting web spiders.
This option is under:
Admin > Edit List Config > Miscellaneous > email address protection method
The choices are:
- at addresses are written like so: email@example.com →
helpdesk AT riseup.net
- cookie before you enter the archives, you must accept a cookie. This option will prevent a search engine from indexing your archives, even if they are public. However, it will also prevent you from using direct URL links into a public archive: the user will first have to accept the cookie and this process redirects them to the general index of the archives.
- none no attempt is made to change the email addresses.