We have tech collective allies all over the globe. One of these groups posted a compelling critique of activists using Facebook. While we Riseup birds may agree with some, all, or most of the piece, we think it is a nice conversation starter. So this month, please pass this along to your friends, comrades, allies, collective members, volunteers, staff members - whomever you organize with.
Original article, in german http://nadir.org/news/Pl%C3%B6tzlich_plappern_Anna_und_Arthur.html
- [en] http://nadir.org/txt/We_need_to_talk_about_Facebook.html
- [es] http://nadir.org/txt/Tenemos_que_hablar_de_Facebook.html
- [pt] http://nadir.org/txt/Precisamos_falar_sobre_o_Facebook.html
- [fr] http://nadir.org/txt/il_faut_qu_on_parle_de_facebook.html
- [it] http://nadir.org/txt/Dobbiamo_parlare_di_Facebook.html
- [el] http://nadir.org/txt/%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%AC%CE%B6%CE%B5%CF%84%CE%B1%CE%B9_%CE%BD%CE%B1_%CE%BC%CE%B9%CE%BB%CE%AE%CF%83%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BC%CE%B5_%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%B1_%CF%84%CE%BF_Facebook.html
Yeah, money sucks. But it does exist and Riseup and the services we provide are in many ways dependent upon having a steady stream (or trickle) of donations. Every little bit (and byte) does help us out! Thank you for all the monthly sustainer donations - these regular, steady donations help keep our stress down!