Aliases and Forwarding
If you would like all email that comes to your riseup email address to be automatically sent somewhere else, this is an email forward!
- Login at account.riseup.net
- Click on “email”
- Enter the address which you would like your riseup mail forwarded to in the field marked “Forward” towards the bottom of the page
- Click on “Save Changes”
- note: you may get a strange red exclamation mark at the top of the screen. This is a bug, but as long as your forwarding email address appears on the screen, your email is being forwarded.
An alias is a different email address that is delivered to the same mailbox. So, you might have the riseup account email@example.com, but you want the new address firstname.lastname@example.org as the contact address for an action. Emails sent to the alias will go to your account’s mailbox.
If you need to use an email address when you sign up on some site, instead of using your normal email address, you can create an alias and use that instead. That way you will know if that site starts spamming you, and if you ever want it to stop, you can just destroy that alias, without it affecting your main email account. Sneaky!
You can create an alias! Here’s how
- Login to account.riseup.net
- Click on email
- Type “ALIASNAME@riseup.net” in the “Aliases” box
- Click “save”
Note: if someone else has the alias or username in use, you will not be able to create the alias. Try a different name!